Saturday 16 January 2010

Lonely

Feeling lonely, in this desolate gray country, devoid of hills and forests, with leaden skies and orderly rows of identical houses.

Lonely in this clumsy, harsh language that does not allow me to express my emotions.

Lonely amongst busy, self-sufficient people, with no patience for lonely strangers.

Lonely in a world that favors the strong and ruthless.

Lonely, far away from family and friends.

Lonely during the day, when the children are at school.

Lonely with my children, who do not speak their mother's tong or grew up with her culture.

Lonely at night, all alone in bed, while my husband prefers the guest room.

Lonely in the bathroom, cleaning myself up after yet another incident. Who would ever want to love this scarred and broken body again?

No comments: