Saturday 23 June 2007

back to mommy-state


What a strange limbo, after a week of commuting to Amsterdam, meeting great people and discussing exciting new concepts:
Slow down, put on the mommy hat (and T-shirt, and skirt, and knitted socks, and Birkenstocks), and sit on the floor playing with Lego trains ...

But what a treat to take all the time for my little darlings, without having to rush out of the house! Despite a week of being spoiled by grandparents, Robin & Natasha certainly made up for mommy withdrawal with tons of cuddles - heaven!! :-D

Yesterday afternoon was Robin's third swimming lessons (considering that there are still way too many children drowning in the Netherlands every year, this is an absolute must!).

He (and I!) dreaded it. He's always been extremely sensitive and easily gets freaked out by loud noises, new people, and unfamiliar situations. Thus a big swimming pool with lots of splattering, noisy children and an unfamiliar 'badmeester' is a recipe for disaster. But the staff at Bisonsport were truly amazing. A second 'juff' took extra time to slowly help our little boy build up some confidence. I was overwhelmed how patient and caring she was, and felt very proud how well Robin did with her!!!

Today was the last day of enjoying some time with Oma & Opa before they head back to Southern Germany. They kindly looked after my children while I went off enjoying myself at Adaptive Path's workshop in Amsterdam. I really had a great time, but it's a shame I wasn't able to spend more time with my parents.

I know I don't say this enough, so here goes:
Mama and Papa, thank you so much! I really appreciate everything you have done and are still doing for me! Love you!! XXX

No comments: